Latest SOCIAL MEDIA updates August 2018
Social Media always give us more new things or facility in new updates. We know it's hard to continually remain up to date around online life updates and how to utilize them successfully, which is the reason every month we'll be curating and conveying top informal community discharges and updates on this page.
You can also check Social media updates is July,2018
List Of Latest Updates in Social Media July,2018
- Instagram Questions
- Instagram Music Stickers
- Facebook Video Updates
- Instagram Videos
- Instagram Algorithm
- Instagram Shopping
- Facebook Breaking News Feature
- Twitter Share Feature
- Instagram GIF stickers
- Instagram Hashtag Following
- Instagram has recently added an interactive questions sticker within the Stories section of the platform. This lets audiences submit questions for you to answer. This feature is a fun way to encourage engagement from your Insta audience!
Instagram Music Stickers
- We'll only cover this feature briefly, as it's pretty self-explanatory. But, you can now add music stickers to your stories. This means you can add a soundtrack to your post! This is just another feature to use to make your videos more fun and engaging.
Facebook Video Updates
- In a recent blog post, Facebook announced new ways for people to create interactive videos.
"Videos become more meaningful when people are active participants in the stories, and as viewing habits evolve, we want to enable content that's two-way."
To encourage community engagement, brands can now use polls on both live and regular video. They've also added 'gamification' for live video. Facebook is challenging brands to get creative with this new feature 'we can't wait to see how they innovate'.
Instagram 1 hour Video
- Instagram has launched a new feature enabling users to upload videos up to one hour in length. These videos will be hosted in 'IGTV'.
As indicated by TechCrunch, IGTV will likewise give makers a chance to create Instagram Channels brimming with their diverse recordings that individuals can buy in to. Makers will have the capacity to place connects in the depiction of their recordings to drive movement somewhere else.
- The second major social media algorithm change of 2018 is from Instagram.
- Instagram has launched an in-app Shopping feature for businesses in Australia, the UK, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
According to Instagram, when someone taps a tag on your post, they'll see:
- An image of the product from your post
- A description of the product
- How much the product costs
- A link that takes them directly to your website, where they can purchase the product
Facebook Breaking News Feature
- From this week (5th March 2018), Facebook are rolling out a test feature where trusted publishers can add a 'breaking news' label to their stories.
Twitter Share Feature
- Twitter has quite recently propelled another element, enabling clients to 'bookmark' tweets they need to put something aside for some other time. They've likewise revealed another offer capacity which enables clients to DM tweets to others and offer tweets by email or content.
Instagram GIF Stickers
- Instagram stories surpassed Snapchat last year with 250 million daily users in comparison to Snapchats 166 million.
Instagrams latest addition to Instagram stories is the ability to add GIF stickers to any photo or video in your Instagram story.
Instagram Hashtag Following
- Instagram users can now follow hashtags. This makes it easier for users to stay connected with interests, hobbies and communities.